Quality Improvement Certification (ED-Q)
ED-Q Certification Course Will Help You:
- Produce identifiable, defendable standards of care and service
- Identify performance problems and training issues
- Reduce risk of liability by improving compliance
- Predict resource needs and emergency dispatcher behavior
- Produce reliable, credible, and consistent quality improvement
- Create useful feedback and management reports
- Get you started on the path to Center of Excellence Accreditation
Who Should Attend:
- Emergency Dispatch Supervisors
- QA/QI Personnel
- Medical Control, Fire, and Police administration personnel
- ED-Q Course Manual
- IAED case review scoring standards
- IAED EMD/EFD/EPD Case Evaluation Record
- IAED EMD/EFD/EPD QA Guide
- IAED certification
About the ED-Q Course
This 16-hour course will help you understand the quality improvement process, from setting standards and evaluating performance to analyzing data. Good quality improvement doesn't need to be expensive or tedious. You will receive the latest tools and techniques for managing quality while keeping it on time and within budget.
The International Academies of Emergency Dispatch Protocols
The Medical Priority Dispatch System is a comprehensive emergency medical dispatch system designed to maximize utilization of resources, establish medical control of prehospital triage, provide for the delivery of dispatch life support, and improve overall patient care.
The Fire Priority Dispatch System is a comprehensive emergency fire dispatch system designed to provide for responder and caller safety, maximize utilization of resources, prioritize responses, provide for the delivery of Pre-Arrival Instructions, and improve overall fire department customer service.
The Police Priority Dispatch System is a comprehensive emergency police dispatch system designed to provide for responder and caller safety, improve interrogation effectiveness, maximize utilization of resources, prioritize responses, provide for the delivery of Pre-Arrival Instructions, and improve overall police department customer service.
Prerequisites for ED-Q National Certification:
Must be a licensed user of the current MPDS/FPDS/PPDS and have current IAED certification as an EMD/EFD/EPD in the specific discipline that ED-Q will be obtained. Dispatch experience and familiarization with medical, fire, and law enforcement operations is also necessary.
The first day is an overview of the QI program. The second day covers discipline-specific information (Police/Fire/Medical). Other disciplines can be added without repeating the first day.
- Introduction to the course and course materials
- Accreditation standards
- Overview of the basics of continuous quality improvement
- Quality improvement as it relates to the Priority Dispatch System
- Essential concepts and skills needed for emergency dispatch case review
- Case review scoring standards
- Case Entry
- Chief Complaint Selection
- Emotional Content and Cooperation Scoring
- Key Questions
- DLS Instructions
- Final Coding
- Case review practice
- Suggestions for effective emergency dispatcher feedback
- Using case review data to improve emergency dispatcher performance
- Questions and answers
- ED-Q Certification Test